About a month before their wedding I sit down with my couple’s and go through their vendor list, and schedule of the day. Every time I’m asked who my couple’s should hire for their DJ, or anytime they mention they’ve hired Split Second I can’t help but smile. Your wedding will only be as good as the vendors you hire, and your reception will only be as good as your DJ. That’s why I’m so happy to introduce you all to Vinny and Diane… the masterminds behind the most referred DJ company in Charlotte, and the Carolina Panthers music man.
1. Tell us a little bit about you guys…Vinny and I grew up in the same town and never knew each other. We are a close couple from New York who were musicians and have been working together every day for the past 20 years. We are both very outgoing people who drive each other to always improve.
2. How did you become DJ’s? Vinny had a band called Split Decision, his band was asked to play and was not available so he put together a sound system and DJ’d the event instead. The neighbor heard him and asked Vinny if he would be able to DJ his wedding in a few months. He did and it took off from there.
3. Describe your style Diversity- VInny’s muscia style when DJ’ing is so diverse and it reflects on our staff. Training our guys and gals to be diverse with all of the different religions, cultures, traditions in music, etc. so that they can handle any event possible.
4. Show a picture from a favorite wedding or event… We loved this picture with the groom singing…
5. What inspires you? Exceeding expectations every single time in both business and in our personal relationships.
6. What makes you different from other DJ’s? “Everything” Our approach to training. Our look. Our diversity in music and knowledge (which is in our training). The corporate structure with a very personal touch with not just our clients but also to other vendors.Very creative but not “typical and cheesy”.
7. What would be your ideal event to host? To work for a celebrity like David Tutera (Diane has a big grin on her face as she answered this question)
8. 3 things you can’t live without: Faith, Family, and Fun
9. What is the best advice anyone has ever given you? To constantly give back whether it be to your family, friends or strangers but especially to those who have given you your opportunities.
10. What is the best advice you can give to an engaged couple? Enjoy the process in putting together the pieces of this fun puzzle, not to stress out in the process, to leave it in your professional vendors hands and then watch your puzzle turn into a beautiful painting.
To book Split Second Sound: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Credit: Jere and Ashley Dotten